- Did you feel well-rested yesterday?
- Were you treated with respect all day yesterday?
- Did you smile or laugh a lot yesterday?
- Did you learn or do something interesting yesterday?
- Did you experience enjoyment, physical pain, worry, sadness, stress, and/or anger?
This, ironically, led to some emotional responses from Singaporeans. For instance, one local politician rebutted the findings by listing a number of recent incidents which sparked public outrage and interest.
On the other hand, a Gallup partner commented that "if you measure Singapore by the traditional indicators, they look like one of the best-run countries in the world... but if you look at everything that makes life worth living, they're not doing so well".
Is Singapore really "not doing so well"? Is it because of our high GDP?